Sunday, September 15, 2019

Seattle In A Morning...


Tuesday - Seattle

Even though I was dog tired, I still rose at 6 am, made a double espresso, repacked and organized my gear for the fishing leg of my trip, and played with Luna as Jen's son watched cartoons.  Jen and I walked Luna to a lakefront park where Luna chased the tennis ball and swam mightily.

After our morning chores, we scooped up Jen's son and she took me into downtown Seattle for a whirlwind tour.  We walked along Pike's Market and looked at the famous fish-tossing market.
We walked past the site of the very first Starbucks.  We walked along the waterfront, saw the ferris wheel and took in a virtual reality show - Flights Over Seattle.  Jen also took me to the famous Gum Wall.
Fascinating and gross all at the same time.

Lastly, we climbed up to Kerry Park for a view of the City, the Space Needle, and Mount Ranier lording over it all in the background.  Not too shabby.
Back home, we ate sandwiches, I finalized packing, and Jen took me to the airport for the flight to Vancouver, through customs, and then on to Comox on Vancouver Island.

I arrived at the small Comox airport and found my friend Kelly outside for the 30 minute ride to Campbell River.  I reunited with Sheridan, his wife, and made the acquaintance with their two dogs Watson and young Raven.  I was also introduced to Kelly and Sheridan's friends Ken and Cynthia.  We talked some, watched some carpool karaoke and then hit the hay for the early morning water taxi departure for the Phillips Arm and our volunteer work with the Gillard Pass Fisheries Association. 

(The saga continues on www.sweeetandsalt.bolgspot.com)









No comments: